Safeway Careers offers a number of opportunities and Safeways Jobs options. Now, if you searching for easy and quick ways for Safeway Application or seeking Safeway Interview Questions then the post here will help you with everything that concerns Safeway Job Application and Safeway Hiring.
You will be able to find step by step guide here for Safeway Application Online or apply for Safeway jobs at stores to get an idea about questions can be interrogated as Safeway Job Interview Questions. Checking this post won’t take more than 10 minutes but it will surely help you with Safeway Jobs and hiring process.
Safeway Jobs, Safeway Hiring Age, Safeway Salary
- Safeway Hiring Age– 16 Years. An applicant must be at least 16 years old to apply for a job at Safeway store or pharmacies. The manager level jobs will require an age of 18 years.
- Safeway Working Hours– 6 am to 11 pm (Monday to Sunday). 20 hours a week are working hours for the Part-time job seeker while an applicant applying for full-time jobs have to work at least 30 to 40 hours a week. The manager works 30 hours a week.
- Safeway Application method– Two ways to apply for Safeway Jobs.
1. Apply online at Safeway Careers Website or
2. Apply at Safeway Stores in person
- Safeway Jobs Pay |Salary | Wages–
Cashier $10/$11 per hour Sales Associate $11/$12 per hour Clerk $10 to $12 per hour Pharmacy Technician $14 to $18 per hour Customer Service Representative $12 per hour Assistant Manager $15 to $26 per hour Store Manager $14 to $22 per hour
Safeway Job Application is the first process an applicant has to complete in order to apply for Safeway Jobs. An applicant needs to have an online account to apply online. Other than that, there are two ways through which an applicant can apply for the jobs at the supermarket.
- Safeway Jobs Apply Online at CareersAtSafeway.com.
- Apply for Safeway Jobs in person at Safeway store.
An applicant is allowed to choose any of the convenient methods to apply for the job and continue with the job hiring process.
Safeway Application Online
It is necessary to have an online account on the Safeway careers website in order to apply online. If an applicant does not have an online account then they can register for a new account instantly or can apply for a job at a store.
- Visit Safeway Careers & Employment site at www.careersatsafeway.com.
- Locate and select an option available to APPLY NOW.
- Select the department where you want to apply from retail, Pharmacy etc options.
- Search for the desired store location and job position.
- Check job description, requirements, responsibilities, Experience, Disclaimer etc.
- Choose an available store location/s.
- Log in to your account or create an account with email and password.
- Provide Personal details like address & contact, Education Qualifications, Experience etc.
- Read disclaimer & hiring assessments carefully and submit the application.
After an applicant submits an application it will require two days to one week for consideration of an application. An applicant can check Safeway application status by Safeway Application Login.
Safeway Hiring Process
Safeway offers a very easy and quick employment opportunity. It will take around one month to two months of time to get hired for the job. The following are the steps and different stages of the hiring process.
- Safeway Application Process– The whole hiring process starts with a simple process called Safeway Job Application Process. An application is the most necessary step an applicant has to proceed with in order to get hired for the job. There are two ways through which an applicant can apply for the job. Apply online at Safeway Careers Website or apply for a job in person at the Safeway store.
- Return Call– Once your application will be considered, you will receive a return call from the store for the further process. It will take some considerable time of one to two months for the consideration of your job application. An applicant will be notified of the further process through the return call.
- A Job Interview– Applicants will have to go through an interview process in order to proceed through a job interview. Applicants will be interrogated questions related to retail store services, job descriptions, customer services, etc. An applicant might face many interviews like on phone, face to face interview with shift leader and then with the store manager. For more details about Safeway Job Interview Questions, check the section below.
- Drug Test– Once you complete an interview step then you will have to go through the drug test. Applicants will be sent to the clinic for swab tests.
- Confirmation & Verification– Completing the stage of the drug test will offer you the one-way ticket to your dream job. An applicant will be notified by any means of contact. Now, all you have to do is to join the job within the given time period.
Safeway Application PDF
Safeway Interview Questions
Safeway Job Interview is the most difficult step in which most applicants lose their hope to get hired for the job. But here we are going to explain to you every possible question that could be interrogated in an interview. At the beginning of an interview, an interviewee is interrogated about some basic personal and life routine questions.
Well, there are some questions that are usually interrogated to an interviewee related to the customer services and store experience which usually makes the interviewee feel nervous. We have selected some of those probing questions that could be asked in an interview. Applicants are suggested to check interview questions carefully before visiting the store in person for an interview.
- What do you know about the Safeway retail store chain?
Such questions are asked in an interview to examine whether an interviewee applying for a job has any idea about the store where he/she is applying or not. Following is the Wikipedia file that would help you answer such questions. Try to answer such questions by describing.
|Industry||Retail / Grocery|
|Founded||April 1915 in American Falls, Idaho, U.S.|
|Founder||Marion Barton Skaggs|
|Headquarters||Pleasanton, California, U.S.|
Number of locations
|Robert G. Miller (Chairman and CEO) and Bob Gordon (EVP and General Counsel)|
|Products||Bakery, dairy, delicatessen, dry cleaning, frozen foods, fuel, grocery, lottery, pharmacy, photographic processing, produce, meats, snack food, liquor, flowers, and Western Union|
Number of employees
|Over 250,000 (2015, including Albertsons)|
Safeway, Inc., is an American supermarket chain founded in 1915. It is a subsidiary of Albertson’s after being acquired by private equity investors led by Cerberus Capital Management in January 2015. Safeway’s primary base of operations is in the western and central United States, with some stores located in the Mid-Atlantic region of the Eastern Seaboard. The subsidiary is headquartered in Pleasanton, Alameda County, California, with its parent company headquartered in Boise, Idaho.
- Why should the Safeway hire you?
It is the most probable question that could be asked to an interviewee. An interviewee has to show his/her un-common skills, talents, experience etc to convince the interviewer team that you are the best option to choose for a job. Applicants can share previous work experience if they have experience working in the customer service dept, the retail industry or the pharmacy industry before.
I am a very hard-working and enthusiastic applicant here who knows how to exercise my talent, experience, and skills to maintain the reputation of our store as well as of the chain. Other than that, I have experience working in retail stores and customer service centers. I will work here with all my honesty and sincerity. I will love to execute my talents and previous experience here and I’d assured you that I will not give you a chance to disappoint yourself with my work.
- How hospitable are you and how will you treat the customers here? or
What are your ideas about customer service? Can you manage a situation with an angry customer?
As you are walking in an interview to work at one of the largest retail stores across the country, it is naturally going to be crowded there. Now, as the store and pharmacy are always full of customers, every employee from the Safeway Retail Store is expected to be hospitable and friendly with customers. Also, an applicant applying for the job at stores or pharmacies is expected to offer the customer a better guest experience. In case if an employee faces the situation against an angry customer, an employee is expected to be calm and manage the situation without affecting the reputation of the store.
Sir, I have experience working in the customer service department before and I do believe in “Customer Comes First”. will put all my efforts to offer our customers the best guest experience at the store. If I face an angry customer then I am not going to take it personally or not going to argue back. I will make an apology with all my calmness and serenity. I would love to kill angry customers with my kindness and will take feedback indeed. This will make sure that I do not need to face another angry customer for the same reason even in the future.
- Are you comfortable with working in a team?
Can you create a friendly environment to work with your employees?
- What are your greatest strengths and weakness?
- Where do you see yourself in 5 years?
I hope the points made here, tips for Safeway Application Online and answers to Safeway Job Interview Questions will be helpful for you to get hired for the Safeway Jobs. Now, if you have any difficulties or troubles in Safeway Application Online then you can comment below to find Safeway Careers or Safeway Jobs solutions. Visit the site for more Safeway Job Vacancy and hiring.