Thinking about getting hired for the JCPenney Jobs or want to start JCPenney Careers? If Yes then you must be searching for JCPenney Application or examining JCPenney Interview Questions to get through JCPenney Job Interview. Now, whatever you are searching for but if it concerns JCPenney Job Application then you will get all the information here. I’ve shown step by step guide here from JCP Job Application to JC Penney Job Interview.
Refer this post won’t take more than 10 minutes but it surely will help you to get proper ideas about JCPenney Application, JCPenney Hiring Age, JCPenney Jobs requirements, etc. Now, I suggest our users take a close view of this post available here before proceeding to apply for JCPenney Jobs.
JCPenney Jobs- JCPenney Hiring Age & Requirements, JCPenney Salary
- JCPenney Hiring Age– 16 Years. 16 years is the minimum age required to apply for the jobs at the JCP store. The Manager level jobs will require an age of 18 years or older.
- JCPenney Working Hours– 10 am to 9 pm (Monday to Saturday), 11 am to 6 pm (Sundays). An applicant at the store must be able to work at least 24 hours a week for part-time jobs. 40 hours a week is a general working hour scale at JCP stores.
- JCPenney Job Application Method– Two ways through which an applicant can complete the JCPenney Application Process.
1. Apply online at JCPenney Careers Website
2. Apply walking in person at JCPenney Stores
- JCPenney Jobs Pay
|Cashier||$10.00 per hour|
|Shift Leader||$12.00 to $16.00 per hour|
|Sales Associate||$11.00 to $13.00 per hour|
|Assistant Manager||$30K to $55K per year|
|Salon Manager||$40K to $60K per year|
|Store General Manager||$60K to $86K per year|
JCPenney Job Application is the most necessary step applicants will have to complete in order to get hired for the job at the JCPenney stores. An applicant can apply for the job in various ways. An applicant is allowed to submit the JCP Job Application either online at JCPenney Job Application Online Portal at jobs.jcp.com or can apply at the store in person. An applicant can choose any of the convenient methods to apply for a job and proceed. Both ways to apply for the job have been shown here. Check the steps carefully before you apply.
JCPenney Application Online
It’s necessary to have an online account in the JCPenney Careers website by which an applicant has login JCPenney Careers Account and apply for a job online. If an applicant does not have an online account then he/she can register for a new account instantly. The following are the steps that need to be followed in order to apply for the job online.
- Visit JCPenney Careers Website at jobs.jcp.com.
- Choose for the job category you are searching for from Store Jobs or Corporate Jobs.
- Now, you will be on the page where you can select the available jobs or search for it.
- Choose an appropriate job for you and check the job description.
- Now, locate the option available to “APPLY FOR JOB” and select it.
- Enter User Name, Password and Sign In to your JCP Careers Account.
- Now, provide personal details, work experience, working hours availability carefully.
- Complete filling the form and sign the application form after reading the terms carefully.
- Now, submit the application form in the end.
Your application will be submitted soon and it will take some working days for the consideration of an application. An applicant can check JCPenney Application Status by login to their careers account. To know about the JCP application process, check the hiring process below.
JCPenney Hiring Process
JCPenney Careers & JCP Jobs offers a pretty simple and quick hiring process. It will take one or two months of time for the completion of a hiring process. Followings are the stages and steps of the hiring process.
- JCPenney Application Process– An application is a primary stage to get hired for the desired job. An applicant must apply for the job online at JCPenney careers website or at JCP stores to get hired. An applicant can choose any of the convenient methods to apply.
- Return Call– Once you complete the application process, it will take two to seven working days for the consideration of your application. If you are qualified and eligible enough to apply for a job, you will be notified by any means of contact. In a return call, you will receive a date and information about the further hiring process.
- An Interview– An applicant will receive a date for an interview in the return call from the store. Usually, an interview is arranged by the store shift supervisor or store general manager. There will be interrogation related to restaurant services and your ideas about customer experience in an interview.
- Drug Test– In the hiring process, the JCPenney store takes the drug test. An applicant will be sent to a drug testing clinic for a further drug test.
- Confirmation– If you qualify all the terms and clear all the tests offered by the store chain, you will be asked to join for a job soon. You will be given some time to left previous employment and manage things and to start your job.
JCPenney Interview Questions
An interview for the JCP jobs is arranged by store general manager or shift leader from the store. An interview lasts for 15 to 25 minutes. In starting an interview, general questions about personal life, hobbies, previous work, and employment experience etc issues are asked to an interviewee. An applicant usually answers such questions easily.
But there are some questions concern customer experience, customer services, store services, and management which makes an applicant feel nervous in an interview. Here, I have chosen some of those probable questions those could be interrogated to an applicant in an interview Check these questions given below carefully and learn to answer before walking in an interview at JCP stores.
- What do you know about the JCPenney retail store chain?
These kinds of questions are usually interrogated to an interviewee to examine whether an applicant has any idea about the store where he/she is going to apply or not. Always answer such questions as deep as possible by describing them. Following the JCPenney Wikipedia file which would help you answer questions like this.
|Founded||April 14, 1902Kemmerer, Wyoming, U.S.|
|Founders||James Cash Penney & William Henry McManus|
|Headquarters||6501 Legacy Drive, Plano, Texas, U.S.|
|865 (Q2 2018)|
|The United States, Puerto Rico and next to the U.S. Virgin Islands|
|Ronald Tysoe, Chairman & Jill Soltau, CEO|
Clothing, cosmetics, electronics, footwear, furniture, housewares, jewelry, appliances
J. C. Penney Company Inc. is an American department store chain with 865 store locations in 49 U.S. states and Puerto Rico. In addition to selling conventional merchandise, J. C. Penney stores often house several leased departments such as Sephora, Seattle’s Best Coffee, salons, auto centers, optical centers, portrait studios, and jewelry repair. Most J. C. Penney stores are located in suburban shopping malls. Before 1966, most of its stores were located in downtown areas. As shopping malls became more popular during the latter half of the 20th century, J. C. Penney followed the trend by relocating and developing stores to anchor the malls.
- It is very competitive here and so why should The JCPenney hire YOU?
As you are walking in an interview at one of the largest departmental store chains across the US, it is simply expected to be very competitive in an interview. It is the most probable question that would be asked to every applicant. You must prepare yourself several times to answer this question. Answering this question will fix more than half of the selection. Share your skills, talent, experience etc to convince an interviewer team that you are the perfect match for this job.
I am a very hard-working, energetic, and enthusiastic applicant here. Plus, I have experience working in customer service and departmental stores before. This will help me exercise my skills and experience to manage the operation of our store. I would also use my talents and experience to maintain the reputation of our store and so of the retail store chain.
- Why do you want to work in the retail industry? or
Why do you want to work here at JCPenney Stores?
I enjoy working in the retail industry. I already have experience working in the customer service department and I’ve also been employed by the retail store before and this makes me an experienced employee. Also, being honest, working in one of the largest retail stores around the country will give my career a new mode. Working here will make my future brighter and that is the only reason I want to work here. I have also heard of the salaries and pay scales offered by the JCPenney store.
- What are your ideas about customer service and Can you handle an angry customer?
- What is your greatest strength and weakness?
- Where do you see yourself in 5 years?
- Are you comfortable working as a TEAM?
- What are your ideas to offer a better guest experience to the customers?
All information on this post about JCPenney Interview Questions and the step by step guidance for JCPenney Application has been posted after proper research and investigation. Hopefully, this post will help you with JCP Jobs. For more about JCPenney Jobs & Careers, check out the site now.