Dollar General Careers offers plenty of Dollar General Jobs opportunities to interested applicants. Now, if you are looking for Dollar General Application Online or feeling nervous for Dollar General Interview Questions then stop worrying now. Everything that concerns Dollar General Job Application from applying for the job online to Dollar General Application Pdf Form to Dollar General Job Interview tips and Dollar General Hiring Process step by step guide is been shown here.
Referring to this post won’t take more than 5 to 10 minutes but it will help you certainly to get proper ideas about DG Application, Dollar General Hiring Age, Dollar General Application requirements, etc. Now, I suggest our users take a close view of this post available here before proceeding to apply for Dollar General Jobs.
DG Jobs Details, Dollar General Hiring Age, Hiring Requirements, Dollar General Salary
- Dollar General Hiring Age– 18 years. An applicant must be 18 years or older to work here at retailers. DG retail stores do not hire at Sixteen years.
- Dollar General Working Hours– Generally stores operate from 6 am to 10 pm. A team member level job or sales associate level job will require a minimum presence of Eight hours a day. A manager level job requires the presence of 40 hours a week.
- Job Application– Two ways through which an applicant can apply for the jobs at DG stores or corporate jobs. Apply for the job online or visit the store in person and apply there at the retail store.
- It will be necessary to provide some personal identification details with educational qualifications and previous employment experience information. Manager level jobs require good experience in customer services and retail or sales industry.
- Dollar General Jobs Salary–
|Cashier||$8 to $11 per hour|
|Sales Associates||$9 to $12 per hour|
|Customer Service team||$9 to $11 per hour|
|Shift Supervisor||$11 to $14 per hour|
|Assistant Manager||$16 per hour|
|Manager||$40,000 to $60,000 per year|
Dollar General Application
Dollar General Job Application offers pretty easy and quick ways to apply for the jobs. An applicant can apply for jobs either online or by walking in person at any Dollar General store. dollargeneral.com/dg-careers is the Dollar General Careers website that allows the customers to apply online.
Dollar General Application Online
It is necessary to have an account on the Dollar General Jobs website in order to apply for jobs online. If an applicant does not have an account then he/she can register a new account instantly. Follow the steps as shown below in order to apply online for the jobs.
- Visit Dollar General Careers and Jobs website at www2.dollargeneral.com/DG-Careers.
- Search the desired job and location at available option SEARCH JOBS there or select the location at an available map.
- Select the job available at the desired store location.
- Check Description, Qualification, Requirements, Job Function carefully and choose to APPLY.
- Enter your email and create an account on the Dollar General Careers website.
- Complete the form by filling necessary details like personal details, educational details, previous employment experience, etc.
- Read the hiring assessments, terms & conditions carefully and submit the form in the end.
Once you complete submitting the application form it will take the time of two days to one week for the consideration of your application. An applicant can check Dollar General Application Status by login to the Dollar General Career website.
Dollar General Hiring Process
The hiring process starts with applying for jobs. The whole hiring process will take around two months of time. The hiring process may vary depending on the method of application. Check the steps and stages below to check the full hiring process.
- Dollar General Application Process– An application is the primary stage of the hiring process. An applicant must apply for the job online at DG careers website or in at DG stores first to get hired. There are two ways through which an applicant can apply for the jobs at stores or corporate jobs.
- Return Call– Once you apply for the jobs online or in stores, it will take the time of approximately two days to one week for consideration of an application form. If a candidate is able to work and meets all claims then they will receive a call in response from the store. Further information will be notified in your call.
- An Interview– An applicant will receive a date for an interview in the return call. Normally, an interview is arranged by the store shift leader or store manager. There will be interrogation related to your skills and ideas about customer experience in an interview.
- Drug Test– In the hiring process, the Dollar General store will take a drug test. An applicant will be sent to a drug testing clinic for a further drug test.
- Confirmation– If you qualify all the terms and pass all the tests offered by the store, you will be asked to join the store. Make sure you are joining the store for the job on the right date. Now, get hired for the job and start working.
Dollar General Application PDF
Dollar General Job Application PDF Form “Dollar-General-Application-PDF“
it might be possible that you are unable to apply for the jobs online at careers website. If you are having the same trouble in applying for the job then you can follow the steps shown below to apply.
- Download Dollar General Job Application Form PDF from the above link.
- Print out the form neatly.
- Complete filling up the form with all necessary details like personal details with address, contact details, previous employment experience, work history, educational details, etc.
- Read the hiring assessments carefully and sign the application form.
- Submit it back to the store and your application will be considered soon.
Dollar General Interview Question
Dollar General Job Interview is often arranged by the shift supervisor or store general manager. An interview lasts for about 15 to 20 minutes. In the beginning, an interviewer team generally interrogates about personal life, hobbies, previous employment experience etc issues. An applicant usually answers such questions with easiness.
But there are some most probable questions which are interrogated to an applicant related to store services and customer services which makes an applicant feel nervous in an interview. Now, we have chosen those most probable questions and presented here in order to prepare you before walking in an interview. Check these questions given below carefully and learn to answer before walking in an interview at Dollar General stores.
- What do you know about the Dollar General retail store chain?
These kinds of questions are usually interrogated to an interviewee to examine whether applicants know anything about the store where he/she is going to apply or not. Always answer such questions as deep as possible by describing them. Following the Dollar General Wiki file which would help you answer questions like this.
|Founded||1939 (as J.L. Turner and Son) 1968 (as Dollar General Corporation)|
|Founders||James Luther Turner and Cal Turner|
|Headquarters||100 Mission Ridge, Goodlettsville, Tennessee, U.S.|
Number of locations
|15,000 stores as of July 2018|
|Contiguous United States(except for the Northwest)|
|Michael M. Calbert (Chairman), Todd Vasos (CEO), John W. Garratt (CFO)|
|Products||Clothing, cleaning supplies, home decor, health & beauty aids, pet supplies, toys, seasonal items, and groceries.|
Number of employees
|Divisions||Dollar General Market|
|Subsidiaries||Dolgencorp, LLC., Dollar General Financial, Dollar General Global Sourcing, Dollar General Literacy Foundation|
Dollar General Corporation is an American chain of variety stores headquartered in Goodlettsville, Tennessee. As of July 2018, Dollar General operates 15,000 stores in 45 of the 48 contiguous United States. The company first began in 1939 as a family-owned business called J.L. Turner and Son in Scottsville, Kentucky by James Luther Turner and Cal Turner. In 1968, the name changed to Dollar General Corporation and the company went public on the New York Stock Exchange.
- it is very competitive at the Dollar General stores, why should we hire YOU?
As you are walking in an interview at one of the largest stores around the country, you can simply expect a tough competition at the store. An applicant has to show his/her talent, skills, experience, work abilities, etc. It will be useful here to share your previous experience if you have had one working in the customers’ service department or retail industry before.
I am a very hard-working, energetic, and enthusiastic applicant here, Sir. Other than that, I also have experience working in customer service and retail industry before. This will help me exercise my skills and experience to manage the operation of our store. I would also use my talents and experience to maintain the reputation of our store and so of the retail store chain.
- Why do you want to work in the retail industry? or
Why do you want to work here in at Dollar General?
I enjoy working in the retail industry. I already have experience working in the customer service department and I’ve also been employed by the retail store before and this makes me an experienced employee. Also, being honest, working in one of the largest hardware stores around the country will be every applicant’s desire. Working here will make my future brighter and that is the only reason I want to work here. I have also heard the pay scales offered by the Dollar General store.
- What are your ideas about customer service and Can you handle an angry customer?
As you are walking in an interview to work where there are always customers around the store. Now, as the store and warehouse club is always full of customers employees from the Dollar General Retail Store are expected to be hospitable and friendly to their customers. Also, an applicant applying for the job at stores or warehouse clubs are expected to offer the customer a better guest experience. In case if an employee faces the situation against an angry customer, an employee is expected to be calm and manage the situation without affecting the reputation of the store.
Sir, I have experience working in the customer service department before and I do believe in “Customer Comes First”. will put all my efforts to offer our customers the best guest experience at the store. If I face an angry customer then I am not going to take it personally or not going to argue back. I will make an apology with all my calmness and serenity. I would love to kill angry customers with my kindness and will take feedback indeed. This will make sure that I do not need to face another angry customer for the same reason even in the future.
- What is your greatest strength and weakness?
- Where do you see yourself in 5 years?
- Are you comfortable working as a TEAM?
- What are your ideas to offer a better guest experience to the customers?
I expect this post will help you with applying for the Dollar General Jobs by the Dollar General Application Online and get the right ideas about the answers of Dollar General Interview Questions. If you have more doubts concerning Dollar General Careers or jobs then check the site now.